Pages: 1
All Ajo Reunion (Read 20 times)
musicman
Royalty

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

All Ajo Reunion
01/09/15 at 12:56:57

Our 9th All Ajo Reunion will be held the weekend of April 10th and 11th, 2015. Aletter with all the details concerning that weekend has been sent to all the people on our mailing lists, both postal and e-mail. If Stan, or Double D, can post the letter here on this thread, or a link to it, I sure would appreciate it, as I'm technologically challenged!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!!  Smiley Cheesy

View Profile   IP Logged
DoubleDown
Royalty

Ajo Rocks!

Some where, Az.
Re: All Ajo Reunion
Reply #1 - 01/12/15 at 09:13:56

Here you go, John. Again, thanks for all you do!

Hello Fellow Ajoite,
I hope this letter finds you doing well, and here's wishing you and yours a bright and prosperous
2015. The Friends of Ajo are pleased to report that we had a successful Red and White Weekend
this past October, 2014 in Ajo, and are looking forward to our 6th annual later this year. If you
would like to mark your calendar, it will be held in Ajo the weekend of October 23rd and 24th,
2015. We will be sending out a letter in July with all the pertinent details, along with constant
updates in the Ajomundo section of Facebook, and the Ajo Message Board.
In addition, we are excited to inform you that we will be hosting the All Ajo Reunion, once
again. The Reunion will be held this coming April, 2015, the weekend of April 10th and 11th.
The main reason for our excitement is that we have finally been able to eliminate the expensive
dinner that we always had to have on Saturday evening to rent a hall for our dance. Now we can
host a weekend that will fit everyone's budget, with options that should be acceptable to almost
everyone. Please consider attending, as this is a great opportunity to connect with family, along
with old and new friends. Also, if you have an every 5-year class reunion this year, you are more
than welcome to join us for any of our activities, in addition to your own private activities.
So, let's get started with the details. Our mixer has not changed. It will still be held Friday
evening, April 10th, at Rustler's Rooste and admission is still only $10 per person, payable at the
door. It will start at 6:00 p.m., and will end at 11:00 p.m. There will be a cash bar for those
wishing to enjoy libations, either alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Also, tasty appetizers will be served
on a first come, first served basis. Rustler's Rooste is located at 8383 S. 48th St. in Phoenix, just
west of I-10, off of Baseline Road.
Saturday's activities will be a little different than in previous years. Everyone can have dinner
anywhere they choose to do so. That said, if you would like to join other Ajoites for an informal
dinner, the Friends of Ajo are inviting everyone to join us for dinner at the Public House
Garage, a sports bar located in a small shopping center at 4855 E. Warner Rd., in Phoenix. We
have chosen this sports bar because it has a menu with a variety of inexpensive food, everyone
can order on their own, and it has room enough to accommodate at least 100 Ajoites. However,
the main reason for us choosing this location is that it is only 1 mile away from the location of
our dance. We hope you'll consider joining us between 5 and 7 that evening, before the dance.
Our dance Saturday evening, April 11th will be held at the newly remodeled Four Points by
Sheraton. It is the former Grace Inn, located at 10831 S. 51st St. in Phoenix, just off of the I-10
and Elliott Rd. The dance will start at 8 p.m., and last until 1 a.m. Music for your dancing
pleasure will be provided by Jose Morales, who has dj'ed all of our All Ajo Reunion's. Also, we
will have 2 separate areas for seating-those who want to dance, and those who want to
visit. Admission is $15 per person, and is payable at the door. It is also only a mile away from
our informal dinner at Public House Garage, and only 2 miles away from Rustler's Rooste, where
we are having our mixer.
Not only are we having our dance at this location, we have reserved a block of rooms at the Four
Points by Sheraton. The rates are $114 a night + tax, and the rooms are very, very nice. Please
mention Ajo when you reserve a room to receive this discounted rate, down from the regular
$137 per night. The Four Points by Sheraton can be reached at 480-850-1604. Also, we have
reserved a block of rooms within walking distance 2 blocks away at the Clarion Hotel, located at
5121 E. La Puente Ave. These rooms are $79 a night, + tax, and we ask that you mention Ajo
when making your reservation. The Clarion Hotel can be reached at 480-893-3900.
You can stay at either place, and not have to worry about drinking and driving after the dance.
As always, feel free to call if you have any questions. You can call John Peters at 928-713-4091,
Pete Monyer at 602-743-9167, or Lupe Alvarez, at 602-460-8314. Or you can e-mail John at
ajoboysmile7@yahoo.com. We do hope that you will consider attending our activities, as we
would like to continue this All Ajo Reunion for many years to come.
Sincerely,
John Peters, class of '66, A.H.S.
The Friends of Ajo

Telling an angry woman to calm down works as well as baptizing a cat.
View Profile   IP Logged
Doughnut
Royalty

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ajo, Az
Reply #2 - 01/12/15 at 09:33:23

I can't wait for this weekend to get here. I have reserved my room and just waiting for my letter to arrive so I can send in me money.  Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
musicman
Royalty

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/13/15 at 10:01:11

Thank you Doughnut, for posting the letter. The beauty this year of the reunion is that nothing needs to be paid in advance. You can pay your $10 at the door on Friday night for the mixer, and your $15 at the door for the dance on Sat. night. Since a dinner isn't required, everyone can eat where they want, and with whom they want. If anyone wants to hang out during dinner hour with other Ajoites, they can join us Sat. evening before the dance anytime after 4 at Public Garage House, located at 4855 E. Wariner, just a mile away from the motels. Just take 51st St. south, or take the I-10 freeway to Wariner. we tried to make everything easy!!!!  Smiley Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1